August 6, 2019
We are pleased to announce that negotiators for the Treasury Board and CATCA have reached a new collective agreement covering Air Traffic Controllers employed by Transport Canada. Members voted unanimously in favour of ratifying the new deal.
The 4-year agreement, which expires June 30, 2022, includes the following wage increases:
- Effective July 1, 2018: 2% increase to rates of pay
- Effective July 1, 2019: 2% increase to rates of pay
- Effective July 1, 2020: 1.5% increase to rates of pay
- Effective July 1, 2021: 1.5% increase to rates of pay
- Group-Specific Wage Adjustments
- Effective July 1, 2018: 0.8% at all levels
- Effective July 1, 2019: 0.2% at all levels
All compensation increases are fully retroactive.
- An increase to the daily cap on overtime for travel.
- Various administrative changes and language modernization.
- The recognition of service time for former NAV Canada employees newly hired into the Public Service effective April 1, 2020.
- Addition of a new article – domestic violence leave (75 hours maximum per fiscal year.)
We wish to thank all Transport Canada CATCA members for their support, which made this deal possible.
Peter Duffey Doug Best
President Executive Vice President
Click here for the PDF.