October 13, 2020
Trainee Recall List
On September 22nd, NAV Canada made the very difficult decision to terminate most of the students across the country. The CATCA Executive Board recognizes the sacrifices each of the students made when they applied for a career in Air Traffic Control. Many put other careers on hold, or made sacrifices in their personal lives, having to juggle family life with the requirements of intensive training.
We have been working diligently with the Company to develop a recall list for the students who were released earlier this month. The Company acknowledges that maintaining contact with the terminated students is important and have agreed to the following:
- All terminated students will have their names added to a trainee recall list.
- NAV CANADA will send quarterly group updates to each affected student.
- There is no guarantee of recall and recall will not be based on seniority. If an offer of employment is made it will be made to trainees who were further along in their training plan and based on individual performance prior to termination.
- If there is a specialty or tower that did not terminate any trainees, NAV Canada may offer a position to an individual who was training in a different specialty or tower; however no relocation expenses would be paid.
- The recall list will be in effect until December 31st, 2022.
From Instructors to OJI’s, and everyone else involved in the task of training a new student, the personal connections to their success made NAV Canada’s decision to terminate the trainees very difficult on many. The CATCA Executive Board would like to thank you for your dedication and professionalism. While there is no guarantee of recall, we are hopeful that traffic will return and training will resume in the not too distant future, and the efforts of the students will be recognized.
On Behalf of the Executive Board;
Doug Best Scott Loder
President Executive Vice President
Click here for the PDF.