On behalf of the Executive Board, we wish to express our heartfelt appreciation for your generous and continued support of our brothers and sisters in Fort McMurray.
We have seen such kindness and generosity in the face of the Fort McMurray wildfire crisis. We’d like to take this opportunity to thank some very special groups of people.
- Our Fort McMurray Members who, prior to the mandatory evacuation, worked tirelessly to provide safe and consistent ATC service.
- Our FSS brothers and sisters who provided RAAS services after the Tower closed.
- Edmonton ACC, the North Low Controllers and Edmonton Tower who have all ensured the increased traffic in Fort McMurray is handled efficiently and safely. Controllers in the ACC have even offered accommodation to our displaced Members.
- NAV Canada, whose compassion and consideration of our Fort Mac Members has been exemplary and for matching all funds raised through our efforts.
- Most importantly, to everyone who has contributed to our fundraiser. The response has been incredible, spanning the globe (USA, U.K., New Zealand) and industry (controllers, NAV employees, managers, the aviation community and even strangers.)
It is directly because of all your support that rebuilding the lives and homes of our nine Members so dramatically impacted by the wildfires will be a little bit easier.
Donations will continue to be accepted until May 31, 2016, via our fundraiser link.
Peter Duffey Doug Best
President Executive Vice President
Click here for the PDF.