We are pleased to announce that CATCA and Serco Canada reached a tentative agreement today for members in Goose Bay Labrador.
The 5-year agreement will run from January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2022. Highlights include;
- $1,000 signing bonus to be paid in January 2018
- LTA (Leave Travel Assistance) payment will occur in January of each year
- LTA will be increased to $1,740 per employee and $400 per dependant
- Medical travel benefit will be increased to $1,150 per year
- Inclusion of the $200 recreation fund allowance in the collective agreement
- An additional $100 every two years for members having a glasses restriction on their medical
- An additional week (40 hours) of leave over the term of the collective agreement
Salaries and premiums will continue to increase as per the previously negotiated 10-year agreement on wages.
We are also pleased to announce that all positions in the bargaining unit will continue to be represented by CATCA.
The bargaining team includes:
- Peter Duffey, CATCA President
- Gary Roach, CATCA RVP Atlantic
- Joel Fournier, Unifor Director of Transportation
- Dave Ottway, Branch Chair Goose Bay
- Shawn Brown, Branch Vice Chair Goose Bay
The team is unanimously recommending acceptance of this tentative agreement by the membership. Ratification details for the members in Goose Bay will follow.
Click here for the PDF.