April 5, 2020
Referendum Vote on Deferral Request by NAV Canada
National Referendum Electronic Voting on the deferral request by NAV Canada will commence Tuesday, April 7, 12:00 EDT and close Sunday, April 12 at 12:00 EDT. The voting period for the referendum is 5 days as required by CATCA’s policy manual.
- Voter lists
- Active members who do not have a member card on file, or have not provided a personal email address should submit a member card online or contact their local branch chair. Any changes or additions will be reported to the RVP.
- Member cards may only be submitted online.
The electronic ballot will be a two part question:
- Do you support granting permission to NAV Canada that payment of retroactive salary that has arisen from the settling of the collective agreement be delayed until September 30, 2020? Yes or No
- Do you support granting permission to NAV Canada that payment of this year’s salary increase (for CATCA 3% effective April 1, 2020) be delayed until September 30, 2020? A retroactive payment would be made for the period April 2, 2020 through September 30, 2020? Yes or No
- A notice of the referendum voting result will be sent via B&F as soon as the results are available.
Electronic Voting and Counting Procedure
- On April 6, 2020, you will receive an email from “CATCA: email@example.com” which will provide you with access to vote.
- Check your spam and junk email folders for the Simply Voting email.
- If it does appear in one of these folders, flag it as “safe” so that it moves to your inbox.
- If you do not receive this email by 09:00 EDT Monday, April 6, contact National Office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Electronic Voting procedure (per revised Policy Book, Section I, 6.4 of January 2018)
- Proxy votes are not allowed
- Branch Secretaries and Facility Stewards are to refer any problems to their Branch Elections Officer, who will, in turn, report the problem to the Returning Officer
How to E-Vote (2 methods)
- Follow link provided in email received April 6, 2020
- E-voting link: simplyvoting.com
- You will be prompted to enter your Elector ID and Password
- Your Elector ID is your name exactly as it appears on the voter list attached (accents, capitalization, spaces, etc.) It is also listed in the Simply Voting email
- Apostrophes (’) have been removed
- A middle name has been added where two or more people have the same name
- Your Password is your PRI number (employee ID) which can be found on Workday
- If your PRI begins with “0” or “00”, do not enter those zeros
- Once you have logged in to Simply Voting, you can review and vote on the referendum questions.
- You are able to review your vote before submitting, and print your voting receipt.
Any problems or questions that arise during the voting period should be sent to your Branch Executive who will contact the Returning Officer.
- The Returning Officer for CATCA 5454 will be the Executive Vice President.
- The Returning Officer for this election is Doug Best, Executive Vice President. He can be contacted at email@example.com or 613.796.5045.
- Elections Officer means an individual in charge of preparing and conducting all local and national elections within the Branch or Facility. The Elections Officer shall be appointed by a Branch or Facility Executive.
Right to Vote
- As in any matter affecting the Association, only active members may vote. Please refer to the Union By-law, paras. 4.1; 5.2; and 5.4 (July 2016 Union By-Laws) which outlines the definition of an active member.
- Non-members may fill out an online membership card prior to voting. The link to the online membership card is listed above.
If you have any questions, please contact CATCA Elections Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peter Duffey Doug Best
President Executive Vice President
Click here for the PDF.