August 4, 2022
FAM FLIGHT PROGRAM RESTART
We are pleased to inform all members that on August 3, 2022, CATCA and NAV Canada have reached an agreement to restart the FAM Flight Program. Since the Company did not want to restart the program until 2023, the last year of this 3-year period, the following was agreed to:
- The Program will restart on January 1, 2023 until December 31, 2024 (2-year period instead of 1-year);
- January 1, 2025 will start the next 3-year period and continue as 3-year periods moving forward;
- Article 29.03 (c) shall apply as a 5-year period for January 1, 2023 to December 31, 2027 (for a Long-Range Flight);
- LOU 2019-02 will be effective until December 31, 2024 (instead of December 31, 2023);
- Eligible conference lists will be approved prior to January 1 of the upcoming year;
- For 2022, fourteen (14) FAM Flights will be approved (2 per FIR) for members to attend Communicating for Safety (CFS), from Sept 12-14, 2022 in Las Vegas, NV (subject to operational requirements);
- For approved conferences longer than three (3) days, additional days required for travel will be unpaid, unless approved using other leave available to the employee.
- Members are expected to attend all sessions of a conference, or work a full shift for each day visiting units, and submit a comprehensive report.
- FAM Flight and Unit Visit Guidelines developed by the Parties in 2019 continue to apply to the Program.
On Behalf of the Executive Board,
Nick von Schoenberg Scott Loder
President Executive Vice President
Click here for the PDF.