As outlined in the August 4, 2017 B&F, CATCA is transitioning to an electronic voting system. National Office must therefore have a current and valid personal email address for each active member on file so that a unique voting link can be sent to each voter.
National Data Collection Procedure
- Branch Executives will be given list of active members in that Branch
- They or a designated representative will speak with each member about the email address (or lack thereof) National Office has on file
- You will simply provide your representative with:
- confirmation of the existing email address
- a corrected email address (replacing what is currently on file)
- a new email address if none is on file
- Please note that “@navcanada.ca” addresses will NOT be accepted
- The email collection deadline is Friday, October 20, 2017
Keeping Your Profile Up-To-Date
- Sixty (60) days in advance of a CATCA voting event, a B&F will be distributed asking all members to advise National Office of any email changes
- These updates must be received within 30 days
- National Office will then send out a “Test” email blast, alerting Branch Executives of any address that bounces back as invalid or undeliverable. These members will then be asked to provide updated information
- These “Test blasts will not be used for communication of any Association business, and are only part of the QA process
- If there is no CATCA voting event in a calendar year, National Office will send out the “Test” email blast at the end of June
- New Members and contact updates can also be sent to National Office online through the Membership Card form at: https://catca.ca/membership-card/
Please contact your Branch Executive or RVP with any questions regarding E-voting.
On behalf of the Elections Committee,
Executive Vice President
Click here for the PDF.