National Ratification Electronic Voting on the tentative collective agreement will commence Friday, June 30, 12:00 ET and close Thursday, July 6 at 12:00 ET.
Members can review a summary of the tentative agreement highlights by clicking here. Information meetings are underway and will conclude Friday, June 30, 2023.
- Voter lists segmented by branch
- Have been prepared by the National Office and distributed to Branch Chairs through your RVP, or the National Office directly.
- Active members who do not have a member card on file, or have not provided a personal email address will be highlighted in blue for update via electronic member card submission on the CATCA website.
- Updated versions of these lists will be sent to Branch Chairs prior to the vote commencement
- Member cards may only be submitted online.
- The electronic ballot question will be:
- Do you support your Contract Committee’s unanimous recommendation in favour of the tentative agreement reached June 16, 2023? YES; NO; or abstain
- A notice of the ratification voting result will be sent via B&F as soon as the results are available.
Electronic Voting and Counting Procedure
- On Friday June 30, 2023, shortly before voting opens, you will receive an email from “CATCA: firstname.lastname@example.org” which will provide you with access to vote. Please:
- Check your spam and junk email folders for the Simply Voting email.
- If it does appear in one of these folders, flag it as “safe” so that it moves to your inbox.
- If you do not receive this email by 12:30 ET Friday, June 30, contact National Office via email (email@example.com)
- E-voting link: simplyvoting.com
Electronic Voting procedure (Policy Book, Section V, Sub-section 2 of July 2022)
- Proxy votes are not allowed
- Branch Secretaries and Facility Stewards are to refer any problems to their Branch Elections Officer, who will, in turn, report the problem to the Returning Officer
How to E-Vote
- Click on the link provided above or the “CATCA:firstname.lastname@example.org” email June 30
- You will be prompted to enter your Elector ID and Password
- Your Elector ID is your email address (where you received the voting information)
- Your Password is an auto-generated password included in your voting notification email.
- Once you have logged in to Simply Voting, you can review and vote on the ratification question.
- You are able to review your vote before submitting, and print your voting receipt.
- Any problems or questions that arise during the voting period should be sent to your Branch Executive who will contact the Returning Officer.
- Only the CATCA Elections Administrator, Josh Magee, has direct access to Simply Voting.
- The Returning Officer for CATCA 5454 will be the Executive Vice President.
- The Returning Officer for this election is Scott Loder, Executive Vice President. He can be contacted at email@example.com or 780-819-2731.
- Elections Officer means an individual in charge of preparing and conducting all local and national elections within the Branch or Facility. The Elections Officer shall be appointed by a Branch or Facility Executive.
Right to Vote
- As in any matter affecting the Association, only active members may vote. Please refer to the Union By-law, Section II; paras. 4.1; 5.2; and 5.4 (July 2022 Union By-Laws) which outlines the definition of an active member.
- Non-members may fill out an online membership card prior to voting. The link to the online membership card is listed above.
If you have any questions, please contact CATCA Elections Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nick von Schoenberg Scott Loder
President Executive Vice President