January 20, 2020
National Ratification Electronic Voting on the tentative collective agreement will commence Wednesday, January 22, 13:00 ET and close Wednesday, January 29 at 13:00 ET.
Members can review a summary of the tentative agreement highlights by clicking here. Information meetings are underway and will conclude Wednesday, January 22, 2020 in Winnipeg.
- Voter lists segmented by branch
- Were prepared by the National Office and distributed to your RVP on Tuesday, January 14, 2020.
- Active members who do not have a member card on file, or have not provided a personal email address were highlighted in yellow for update via member card.
- Updated versions of these lists (by branch) are attached
- Member cards may only be submitted online.
- The electronic ballot question will be:
- Do you support your Contract Committee’s unanimous recommendation in favour of the tentative agreement reached January 13, 2020? YES or NO
- A notice of the ratification voting result will be sent via B&F as soon as the results are available.
Electronic Voting and Counting Procedure
- On January 22, 2020, shortly before voting opens, you will receive an email from “CATCA: email@example.com” which will provide you with access to vote. Please:
- Check your spam and junk email folders for the Simply Voting email.
- If it does appear in one of these folders, flag it as “safe” so that it moves to your inbox.
- If you do not receive this email by 12:30 ET Wednesday, January 22, contact National Office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- E-voting link: simplyvoting.com
Electronic Voting procedure (per revised Policy Book, Section I, 6.4 of January 2018)
- Proxy votes are not allowed
- Branch Secretaries and Facility Stewards are to refer any problems to their Branch Elections Officer, who will, in turn, report the problem to the Returning Officer
How to E-Vote
- Click on the link provided above or the “CATCA:email@example.com” email January 22
- You will be prompted to enter your Elector ID and Password
- Your Elector ID is your name exactly as it appears on the voter list attached (accents, capitalization, spaces, etc.) It is also listed in the Simply Voting email
- Apostrophes (’) have been removed
- A middle name has been added where two or more people have the same name
- Your Password is your PRI number (employee ID) which can be found on Workday
- If your PRI begins with “0” or “00”, do not enter those zeros
- Once you have logged in to Simply Voting, you can review and vote on the ratification question.
- You are able to review your vote before submitting, and print your voting receipt.
- Any problems or questions that arise during the voting period should be sent to your Branch Executive who will contact the Returning Officer.
- Only the CATCA Elections Administrator, Tania Calverley, has direct access to Simply Voting.
Using Workday to find your PRI: From the home screen, click on the cloud icon (top right) SEE PDF
The “Job Details” page lists your employee ID (PRI) on the right-hand side.
On your mobile: SEE PDF
- The Returning Officer for CATCA 5454 will be the Executive Vice President.
- The Returning Officer for this election is Doug Best, Executive Vice President. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613.796.5045.
- Elections Officer means an individual in charge of preparing and conducting all local and national elections within the Branch or Facility. The Elections Officer shall be appointed by a Branch or Facility Executive.
Right to Vote
- As in any matter affecting the Association, only active members may vote. Please refer to the Union By-law, paras. 4.1; 5.2; and 5.4 (July 2016 Union By-Laws) which outlines the definition of an active member.
- Non-members may fill out an online membership card prior to voting. The link to the online membership card is listed above.
If you have any questions, please contact CATCA Elections Administrator at email@example.com.
Peter Duffey Doug Best
President Executive Vice President
Click here for the PDF