October 6, 2022
CATCA Women’s Committee: Launch of the Maternity Booklet
At the 2019 Convention in Banff, a resolution was carried to create the CATCA Women’s Committee. CATCA called for volunteers in Summer and Fall of 2019.
The committee was initially composed of 6 members. However, some members had to resign for some personal reasons and the committee is now composed of 4 members:
- Edmonton FIR: Tatiana Young
- Montreal FIR: Sophie Robert
- Moncton FIR: Christy Ferguson (Committee Chair)
- Gander FIR: Heather Moore
Benoit Vachon, RVP St. Laurent, is the Executive Board liaison.
A reminder that the goals of this committee are to:
- give the women of CATCA the opportunity and the place to mentor, support and inspire each other.
- encourage women to participate in the Union.
- support measurable, sustainable, and positive change in the status of women within CATCA.
Although the pandemic has slowed the work of the committee, it is with pride that a new booklet on maternity and parental leave is now available to CATCA members. They did a great job. This committee is also a resource for all members. You can reach out to a member of the Women’s Committee for help regarding maternity/parental leave or any other matter. Their contact information is at the end of the booklet.
The Committee needs more volunteers for other FIRs and NCR. If you are interested to join the Women’s Committee, please submit your letter of intent and resume by November 30, 2022 to Scott Loder, EVP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On behalf of the Executive Board,
Nick von Schoenberg Scott Loder
President Executive Vice President
Click here for the PDF
Click here for the Maternity Booklet