June 7, 2019
The W. Christopher Lilwall and Eric Paraskevopoulos Memorial Scholarship Awards Program sponsored by CATCA provides financial assistance to dependent children of active and retired members of the Association who are in pursuit of full-time post-secondary education.
Due to NAV Canada’s cessation of all training tuition fees, CATCA no longer offers the ATC scholarship. In lieu, CATCA now offers two (2) Academic Scholarships.
Each of the two $2,000.00 awards will be renewable annually to a maximum of four (4) years upon proof of enrolment of full-time post-secondary studies.
The program is open to dependent children of active and retired members who are in good standing. Eligible students must be enrolled in a full-time post-secondary educational program. Applicants must submit:
- A completed application form
- A copy of their official transcript from the last academic institution attended
- High School report cards will not be accepted
- Proof of enrolment in a full‑time post-secondary educational program for the 2018-2019 school year
- A Curriculum Vitae outlining work experience, past achievements, and volunteer work
- 150-200 words outlining what their personal contributions to society have been
- 150-200 words outlining what contributions they intend to make to society in their adult life
- Two (2) signed letters of recommendation from non-family members familiar with applicant’s abilities
Full submissions must be sent by mail (email will not be accepted) to National Office on or before 5pm ET August 31, 2019. NOTE OUR NEW ADDRESS : 1573 Laperriere Ave Ottawa, ON, K1Z 7T3
All applications will have personal identification removed and be forwarded to the Selection Committee who will select the winners. The winners will be notified and their name will be published on the CATCA member’s access site of our website.
Executive Vice President
Click here for the PDF.