Last week at Convention in Halifax, CATCA was very pleased to present the Award of Merit to an unsuspecting (and very surprised) member.
The Award of Merit is given to acknowledge a member who has displayed an unselfish dedication to the Association, its goals, and to their fellow members. It should, therefore, come as no surprise that the recipient of the 2016 Award of Merit is Mark Bernard.
Throughout his CATCA career, Mark has continued to serve our Association for its betterment. He makes himself available to our members often at the sacrifice of his own personal family time.
As Pacific RVP Scott Shields said at the Convention Awards Ceremony “Mark is a true trade unionist. His principles never waiver… He is not afraid to stick to his guns no matter the consequences.”
Over the years, Mark has served as:
- ACC Branch Executive, 1996 – present
- Branch President, 2012 – present
- Contract Committee Representative, 2011 and 2013
- NAV Canada Occupational Safety and Health Policy Committee Member, 2010 – present
- NAV Canada/CATCA Classification Committee Member, 2012 – present
On behalf of the Board of Directors, congratulations Mark!
Peter Duffey Doug Best
President Executive Vice President
Click here for the PDF.