Nominations will open for the Contract Committee on Monday, May 21, 2018 and must be received by the National Office no later than 12:00 ET, Friday, May 25, 2018.
Voting will commence Friday, June 15, 2018 at noon ET and close Wednesday, June 20, 2018 at noon ET. This election will be held electronically only.
- Edmonton ACC
- Winnipeg ACC
- Gander ACC
- Moncton ACC
- Montreal ACC
- Vancouver ACC and Tower
- Toronto ACC and Tower
- Central Towers
- Prairie Towers
- Atlantic Towers
- Pacific Towers
- Bilingual Towers (all Quebec Towers including Ottawa Tower)
- Members in Non-Control Positions
Roles and responsibilities of Contract Committee:
- To faithfully reflect and bring forward the views and concerns of the members in each area and facility, as well as the membership as a whole
- To provide necessary guidance and resources to the negotiators at every stage
- To regularly communicate with and update the members
- To deliver the best possible tentative agreement for the members’ approval
It is important to remember that while the Contract Committee makes all decisions leading up to the tentative agreement, it does not conduct the actual negotiations, nor do Contract Committee members individually bring contract proposals to the table. Contract proposals must be discussed, adopted, and submitted by branch meetings called for that purpose.
Although elections are being held in June, it is anticipated that the team will not assemble until September. Elections are being held early to avoid campaign periods in July and August.
Any member considering running for a position on the contract committee should consider the demands on your personal time during the bargaining process. There will be numerous week-long meetings, some on very short notice, beginning in September and continuing until the contract target date of March 31, 2019. If you have any questions or concerns about the time commitments involved as a member of the contract committee, please contact your Regional Vice President.
Nominations must be accompanied by the completed nomination form. Candidate biographies can be submitted and will be distributed with election packages. All forms must be received electronically to National Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. No faxed copies will be accepted.
Peter Duffey Doug Best
President Executive Vice President
- 2018 Contract Committee Nomination form
Click here for the PDF.