At the October Executive Board meeting, the EB reviewed nominations for the prestigious Award of Merit. The Award is given to acknowledge a member who has displayed an unselfish dedication to the Association, its goals, and to their fellow members. It was unanimously agreed that Randy Hepner be presented with the 2017 Award of Merit in recognition of his long-standing service to the membership.
Randy became a CATCA member in 1991 and has since devoted hundreds of hours of his time to protecting and enhancing the rights and interests of CATCA members.
His work has affected members’ interests in training, staffing, schedules, vacations, discipline, technical, to name just a few. He has actively participated in seven (7) Conventions and developed and presented a national training/ information program on Harassment-free workplaces.
Randy’s involvement with the Union includes:
- 2015-Present CATCA/NAV Canada Development Subcommittee
- 2012-Present CATCA/NAV Canada Classification Working Group
- June 2010 CATCA IFR Representative, NC MANOPS Reengineering HIRA
- 2007 CATCA Coordinator, Just Culture Initiative
- 2003-2011 Branch Chair, WG ACC
- 2004-2005 Instructor, NC Code of Conduct “Building a Harassment-Free Workplace”
- 2002-2003 Branch Vice-Chair (Technical), WG ACC
- 1997-Present Union Steward, WG ACC
Randy was presented this prestigious award by Peter Duffey, President and Doug Best, Executive Vice President in Winnipeg on January 23, 2018. Randy will also be invited to Convention2019 in Banff for recognition in front of the membership.
On behalf of the Executive Board, congratulations Randy!
Peter Duffey Doug Best
President Executive Vice President
Click here for the PDF